top of page

WFG Webinars & Events

Public·66 members

California Chicken Cafe Salsa Recipe

roasted BBQ chicken, chopped salad mix, coleslaw mix, Applewood-smoked bacon, crumbled goat cheese, corn & black bean salsa, grape tomatoes, blackberry BBQ sauce drizzle. Served with chipotle ranch dressing and fresh baked focaccia bread

California Chicken Cafe Salsa Recipe

The best homemade salsa is made with juicy tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, fresh cilantro and plenty of spice and flavor! A little spicy, slightly sweet, and perfect with salty chips. Great for game day/tailgating, parties, Mexican recipes and more!

This salsa is so good and so easy! I so glad I tried it. My husband and I are huge fans of mexican food and we basically judge a restaurant by how good their salsa is. This recipe is as good as any we have found in local restaurants. Thank you for sharing this one!

This recipe is super simple and consists of only 5 fresh ingredients. The great thing about this recipe, is that how spicy it is is determined by how many jalapenos you add. Personally, I like this salsa very spicy; However, since I am always cooking for my husband and children as well, I usually have to tone it down a little bit.

Another reason that I love this salsa verde recipe, is because I learned how to make it alongside my sister. She is an excellent cook, and I love that most of the memories I have of growing up with her are somehow related to the kitchen.

Even though it is a very easy recipe to master, I am so grateful for the time that we were able to spend, laughing and cooking together. That is definitely one of the reasons that this is my favorite salsa.

I learned from a Mexican boyfriend how to make salsa verde and the only differences with his recipe and yours were: 1. Blanching the tomatillos in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, removing the husk and core, then blending with all the other ingredients (no cooking in oil) and 2. Add 1tsp. ground cumin for every pound of tomatillos used.

This Chicken Cacciatore recipe is an easy throw-together-meal with the most delicious sauce full of incredible flavours! Garlic, bell peppers, onions, carrots and olives swimming in a rustic tomato Cacciatore sauce, simmering and soaking into juicy chicken thighs until they fall off the bone and melt in your mouth!

This is a delicious and authnetic recipe. White wine works just as well as red, depending on your mood and what you have on hand. To those suggesting that it takes two hours to prepare, I would suggest multi-tasking: cut your onions and carrots while the chicken browns. Cut your garlic and mushrooms while the onions and carrots wilt. And so on.

Plan on having the Pastor and his mother over for dinner . I love him but he is very hard to cook for.. Not much that he will eat..Vegetables are a no no except raw carrots potatoes and green beans He does like chicken cacciatore and I have been searching for a recipe for ever . This sounds yummy and I am sure he will love it. I know that I will. Thank you so much. Subscribed to your site and looking forward to more recipes.

I love red wine! Any of your favorite flavor of red wine that you have is perfect for this recipe. You are not adding a lot but just enough to have that added sweetness and flavor in this chicken. Thanks so much for following along with me! Enjoy your chicken!

This chicken cacciatore recipe looks wonderful; however, I did notice it has a lot of cholesterol in it. I am hoping using boneless, skinless chicken breasts will create a less cholesterol-heavy dish. Will have to try it! While we are trying to reduce carbos, as most of us should, we still have to watch the fats!

This recipe turned out great! I made extra and froze the sauce, to which i will add chicken later. I added a fair amount (1/2 cup) of sugar to balance the acid and tannins of the tomatoes and red wine. I also added leeks in addition to the onions, and used chicken drums. Finally, I used kalamata olives in a hot pepper infused oil from grocery store. (By the way, for your posters, the alcohol in wine (or any liquor) is eliminated in the heat of cooking.)

But lots of meat and veggies- grilled chicken, fajita veggies, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, corn and salsa combined with habanero jack cheese and poblano crema and then wrapped up tight in a flour tortilla.

Hi JenSeveral years ago I worked on Faraday Ave in Carlsbad and we used to have Breakfast Burritos for breakfast from a cafe (I think on Rutherford but not sure). These Burritos were to die for and had a very dominant garlic infusion!I have dreams about them still after all these years.Are you familiar with them or do you have comparable recipes with a heavy duty garlic element?I will definitely give your recipes a try.CheersPaul

While I am all for using fresh ingredients whenever possible, I use canned tomatoes in this salsa recipe. Canned tomatoes are available year-round and make this recipe come together quickly. Fresh tomatoes can be too juicy to make a good salsa, and, unless you roast them a bit, could make a less flavorful salsa. (Save those fresh tomatoes to make Pico de Gallo!)

Been looking for a good salsa recipe, i wont look any further, just made this moments ago, o my gosh, taste just like my restuarant serves, love it, love it, love it.This is the best salsa ever, thanks for sharing.

California Burrito $7.59Black or pinto beans, rice, chopped onion and cilantro, hot or mild salsa and your choice of charbroiled chicken, steak or spicy pork. Served with chips.With steak, $7.99

Grilled Vegetarian Burrito $7.39Grilled peppers, onions, and chilies with black beans, melted jack cheese, red leaf lettuce, sour cream and FRESH pico de gallo salsa. Served with chips.Try it with chicken, steak or spicy pork! Add $2.59$2.89/$2.59

Carne Asada Charbroiled steak $3.49Pollo Charbroiled chicken $3.19Spicy Pork Charbroiled pork $3.19Shrimp Charbroiled with lime $3.79Taco Plate With steak, $9.29 / With shrimp, $9.79 / With Chicken or Spicy Pork $8.69Your choice of two tacos, black or pinto beans, rice, FRESH salsa, sour cream and chips.

Can I cook cafe rio chicken in an instapot? Yes! Just place all the ingredients in the pot, set it to poultry and cook for 6 minutes, 10 minutes if the chicken is frozen. Allow the pressure to release, shred the chicken, and serve.

Can I double the recipe and freeze some for later? Absolutely you can! Double all the ingredients and cook for the same amount of time in a slow cooker. Once the chicken has been shredded, place half of it into a freezer safe ziploc, along with half of the juice. Freeze for up to 4 months. Reheat in a slow cooker or thaw and reheat, covered, in the oven.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page